YAAN MOVIE PREVIEW
Staring : Jiiva, Thulasi, Nasser, Prakash Raj
Director : Ravi K.Chandran
Music : Harris Jayaraj
Production : Elred Kumar, R. Jayaraman
Action thrillers are a genre which deserve a watch on the big screen, most of the time. Yaan releases tomorrow, and it is the directorial debut of cinematographer-turned-director Ravi K. Chandran. The film is made on a big budget, and promises bright visuals and massive action sequences. Here are a few reasons why you might want to watch the film at a theatre near you.
1) Jiiva's role in Yaan is that of an unemployed MBA graduate. Yaan's story is twirled around Jiiva and his love interest Thulasi who happens to be the daughter of an ex-service man. The film is based on a real life incident that the director came across, so it does have some realism in it.
2) The film boasts of hardcore action sequences, shot both in India and Morocco. Jiiva has said that working in Yaan felt like working in Bollywood, and that the film has some larger-than-life action sequences which will be a treat to the eyes.
3) The visuals of the film will be colorful and bright for sure, which will surely appeal to the multiplex audiences.
4) Though Harris Jayaraj has come up with just middling music for the film, the song shots will be enjoyable. An example of this is the Aathangara Orathil number which is doing the rounds on YouTube.
5) Yaan will be a complete commercial entertainer which can be enjoyed on the big screen, for it has all the necessary elements such as comedy, music, action and drama.
Tab this space for our review of the film by noon tomorrow.
Verdict : 40 %